Efficient and Clean
We provide an efficient way to destroy hazardous waste materials. Nothing compared to the effectiveness of high-temperature incineration. COCL provides environmentally compliant, safe and cost-effective incineration service.
INCINERATE SAFE, LEGAL AND ON BUDGET
- cost-effective price waste incineration
- Access to our mobile incineration facilities
- NEPA approved facility that meets all regulatory requirements
- Complete start to finish services, from collection and transportation to final disposal
- Flexibility for handling your most difficult hazardous wastes
- We can handle bulk wastes
State of the Art Mobile facility
COCL state of the art incinerator is fully NEPA complaint with an Environmental Permit and can operate 365 days a year.
- Incineration is the application of heat to convert the waste into less hazardous forms and reduces.
- Incineration is a controlled combustion process.
- Combustion of organics occur in two stages for 2 seconds or more. In the primary stage (> 800C), volatile matter is driven off, the volatiles are combusted in the secondary stage (>1200C).
We want to do safe and efficient business with you. COCL process ensures compliance to Occupational Health and Safety Standards and Environmental Standards. Our process includes:
- Client Proposal for SAFE Incineration
- NEPA approval of site specific work plan
- Transport and Storage of waste
- Pre-treatment and blending
- Hazardous waste incineration
- Completion Certificate
Materials we can burn
COCL incinerator facilities accept virtually all types of hazardous or non-hazardous waste, items accepted are based on the specific incinerator technology and regulatory permit at that location. Wastes that can be incinerated include solvents, medical and shipping wastes, treatment sludge and organics. Other materials accepted at the facility include:
- Industrial sludge
- Lab packs
- Shipping waste
- Commercial documents
- Medicines, cytotoxic, syringes and other medical wastes
- Food and Fruit pulp
- Fuels and Liquids
- Personal Protection Equipment
Laws and Regulations we follow
Waste that is hazardous has properties that make it dangerous or potentially harmful to human health or the environment. Hazardous waste covers a wide range of waste based on their origin and characteristics. They can be liquids, solids, contained gases, or sludge or by-products of manufacturing processes or simply discarded commercial products.
The regulatory framework of hazardous waste and incineration in Jamaica is covered by a range of laws, international agreements and policies including:
- The National Solid Waste Management Act 2001
- The Natural Resources Conservation Authority Act 1991 and the Natural Resources (Hazardous Waste) (Control of Trans boundary Movement) Reg
- The Natural Resources (Permit and Licences) Regulations 1996
- Public Health Act, 1985
- Marpol 73/78
- Basel Convention 1989
20 Windsor Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica
Office number :
8:00am to 6:00pm Mon-Fri (-5 GMT)